Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT)
We’re podiatrists with over 19 years of experience. We worked in the area manual therapy called foot mobilisation which is a gentle hands-on technique that we combine this with strengthening exercises we use this method as an alternative treatment option instead of orthotics.
The technique is a hands on adjustment and could be compared to what an osteopath, chiropractor, or physio does just very specific to your feet. We have over 19 years experience in this area.
The team at Sydney Foot Solutions offer a unique approach podiatry for patients in Manly Vale, Balgowlah, Fairlight, Queenscliff, Brookvale, North Manly, Freshwater, Curl Curl, Allambie Heights, North Balgowlah, Manly and surrounding suburbs.
The treatment process
- Assessment – Before we begin any treatment, we first conduct a thorough assessment of your needs.
- Diagnostic – If we need more information, we may send you for further examinations, such as having an x–ray. This will help in determining the best treatment for you.
- Evaluation – This is where we present you with your treatment options. You simply choose which is best ~ and most appropriate ~ for you and your lifestyle.
- Treatment – The healing begins!
Find the answers to your questions here.
- How does it work?
The treatment is a series hands on movements through the joints of your feet guided by the podiatrist’s hands in a controlled movement. These movements may also include your hips and knees. We then combine this with specific strengthening exercises.
- Does the therapy hurt?
Generally—no. Sometimes initial mobilisations may be uncomfortable due to restriction within a joint but generally, the treatment is pain free.
- Do I have to change my shoes?
No, not at all. This is the big advantage of foot mobilisation therapy (FMT). It does not restrict your choice of footwear.
- Should I change my activity?
Generally, no. We actually encourage you to continue normal levels of activity. This allows us to monitor the treatment’s effectiveness.
- Do I have to continue the treatment forever?
Our goal is to make you as self-sufficient as possible after the initial treatment period. The advantage is that we focus on the cause of your pain.